Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Escape to Egypt {12/30/12}

Scripture

PSALM 18:1-3
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

There are four “I will" statements in these verses. What are they?

Key word
Fortress: something like a castle

Attention Getter:

Hangman---guess the secret

Objective: To get the children to understand how it feels for a person to know a secret and not share that secret. I want the children to better understand King Harod's anger at not knowing where Jesus was located.

Lesson

MATTHEW 2:13-14
Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."
When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt


  •  Joseph had a dream where the angel came to him telling him to get up and take him, his wife and son and go to Egypt
  • King Harod ordered for all the children to be killed
  • Hosea had prophesied that Jesus would go to Egypt

--When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son

  • Hosea is one of the minor prophets and the longest

-Law
-History
-Poetry
-Major Prophets
-Minor Prophets

  • The family stayed in Egypt until King Harod died
  • The family return back to Israel
  • God is in total control during the family's journey and stay in Egypt so they know God to be their rock and fortress.
Teacher: Cierra Francis


0 comments:

Post a Comment